Monday 22 December 2014

A Wang SS15 - Review








Hey blogggers,
Just a quick post to review one of my favourite designers Alexander Wang's new SS15 collection. 

Soon after looking up the new collection I watched an interview where Alexander claims that most of his inspo for his collections are from feelings and reactions to previous collections and "rebuilds" from there. - I see this as the evolution of Wang. 

A lot like his previous collections, he has made sportswear luxurious yet the style attainable through similar items on the high st. I feel like this SS15 collection is more controlled. There is still a sportswear aesthetic expressed but it's brought more into evening wear through classic peg leg trousers and cropped blazers. Mesh is also a massive factor in this collection. Juxtaposed with silk in long line dresses again giving more of an evening wear feel. 
Pushing this trend of sportswear being elegant, I would automatically put Riri in one of these long line dresses along with a flat line, feminine trainer. 


Playing with heavier tailoring/materials and shapes, this season I feel Wang went an approach of accentuating the female figure. There was a lot of appreciation for the waist line. High waisted trousers and shapes creating an illusion of a smaller waist all stood out to me. A lot of attention to hidden detail. 



Sooo much love for this following outfit, it does everything for the frame of woman. Screaming a sexy edge at me.


I really appreciate the fact that this designer who has mastered the fashion world, believes that every piece in his first ready to wear collection are in his current - "in some way shape or form". 


No comments:

Post a Comment